Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Don't Get Robbed While Moving in Peru

http://www.overdriveonline.com/files/2012/10/moving-van-6361.gif
From overdriveonline.com
A couple months ago I moved from one Asian city to another in the same country. It was winter and rather than stay downstairs with the moving van, I went upstairs with the baby. All my stuff was outside and unattended since the two movers were busy moving stuff.

Nothing got broken or stolen. Everything was accounted for.

When I told my Peruvian friend about this, she couldn't believe it. She told me that there was no way you could leave all your stuff parked out front while you move and still have it be there when you get back. She said it's dangerous going out and having your locked house be empty not to mention a truckload of unlocked goods.

One tip to remember is that speaking Spanish will help you greatly. You'll be treated differently than if you speak English all the time, it'll help you assimilate to the culture, and you'll be able to communicate easier. If you're looking to learn Spanish, check out Fluenz Spanish, Rosetta Stone, and Synergy Spanish.

I guess that's one reason I left Peru: safety. Inside of Peru it seemed like everyone was out to get you. Hopefully Peru will change. It's been said that Peruvians worst enemies are themselves. When in Peru, Peruvians will often tell you not to trust Peruvians because they take advantage of people.



The Ultimate Peru List recommends:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and may take a couple days to appear online. Please only click the submit button once. You can also email me at naturegirl321@yahoo.com if you'd like.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

html

Paperblog