One tip to remember is that speaking Spanish will help you greatly. You'll be treated differently than if you speak English all the time, it'll help you assimilate to the culture, and you'll be able to communicate easier. If you're looking to learn Spanish, check out Fluenz Spanish, Rosetta Stone, and Synergy Spanish.
There are 3 things that you need to watch when shopping in markets in Peru.
- No guarantees: many times guarantees will not come with the products you buy.
- Bait and switch: check your bag and make sure you've been given what you've paid for.
- Quality: might not be the best.
Shopping in markets can be a fun experience. These 3 tips will help you make the most of your shopping experience.
- Get recommendations: ask friends which sellers are good and which ones should be avoided.
- Pricing: be wary of pricing, especially sellers who drop their prices drastically.
- Trust your instinct: it's usually right.
The Ultimate Peru List recommends: