Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Registering a Foreign Divorce in Peru (Exequatur)

If either of you are Peruvian and you got divorced outside of Peru you can either re-do the divorce in Peru or register your foreign divorce (called exequatur). Depending on your situation it may be easier to get divorced again.

Registering a foreign divorce can take up to 2 years. The Peruvian Consulate in AtlantaDivorcios por Internet, Exequatur Peru, and Mi Divorcio have more info.

Both my ex and I are both Peruvians. We got divorced in Korea and decided to get divorced again in Peru. Here's the timeline for my divorce in Peru.

The Ultimate Peru List recommends:


Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and may take a couple days to appear online. Please only click the submit button once. You can also email me at naturegirl321@yahoo.com if you'd like.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy