Thursday, August 7, 2008

Volunteering and Donating in Peru

Updated 1 May 2014

Volunteering can be expensive and some places charge very high fees. The places below don't charge anything or have a small fee. The guide, how to live your dreams by volunteering overseas has tons of info if you're interested in volunteering abroad. You should also take a look at Go Overseas' list of programmes, Teaching, Volunteer South America and Trabajo Voluntario for affordable programmes.
There are plenty of places who will be glad to receive your donations, from old newspapers, to clothes to furniture. If you're in Lima, try contacting the places below. If you're outside of Lima, check the yellow pages, they usually have Emaus in other cities as well.
Starting an NGO
You will need either a CE or to be Peruvian in order to open an NGO. Here are the required documents. Thanks go to John for the list.
  1. The Foundation Act (Elaboración de Acta de Fundación de la ONG)
  2. Article of Association (Elaboración de los Estatutos de la ONG)
  3. Legalised books and associates of the NGO (Legalización de Libro de Actas y Libro Padrón de Asociados)
  4. Norms (Elaboración del Acta Estatutaria)
  5. Sign in front of a notary (Escritura Pública ante Notario Público)
  6. Register in the NGOs of Peru )Inscripción de la ONG en los Registros Públicos previa separación del nombre)
  7. Register the NGO with SUNAT (Inscripción de la ONG ante la Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria – SUNAT)
  8. Register with SUNAT to accept donations (Inscripción de la Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria - SUNAT como entidad perceptora de Donaciones)
  9. Register with SUNAT to be exempt from taxes )Inscripción de exoneración de Impuesto a la renta ante la Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria SUNAT)
  10. If involves education, you will need a license for the Ministry of Education (Presentación Del Perfil y Proyecto Educativo ante el Ministerio de Educación para obtener la licencia del Sector correspondiente.)
  11. License from the city (Licencia de apertura y funcionamiento ante la Municipalidad)
  12. Get the civil defense license (Presentación del Expediente Técnico para obtener certificado de Defensa Civil)
  13. Register with the Peruvian International Association (Registro y Licencia ante la Agencia Peruana de Cooperación Técnica Internacional – Adjuntando Plan Anual de Actividades.)
  14. Open a bank account for donations (Apertura de cta. cte. ante los Bancos para realizar transferencias interbancarias.)



Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and may take a couple days to appear online. Please only click the submit button once. You can also email me at if you'd like.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy