One tip to remember is that speaking Spanish will help you greatly. You'll be treated differently than if you speak English all the time, it'll help you assimilate to Peru, and it'll get you cheaper prices. If you're looking to learn Spanish, check out Fluenz Spanish, Rosetta Stone, and Synergy Spanish.
- Boots N All: they tell you how to legally get out of paying the fees.
- Matador Network: guide for Americans.
- Peruvian culture: culture, history, and more.
- Project Visa: (Their info for Peru is wrong: says you can only get 90 days when it was changed to up to 183 days quite a while ago. Be sure to double check their info.)
- Latin America travel guides: lots of good travel info.
- South American Living: info about Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Uruguay.
- Wikipedia World Wide Guide: has to be included in the list
The Ultimate Peru List recommends: