Because Peru is generally a warm country, planning really isn't needed and the country can't move forward. There are a lot of theories (source) about why this may be true. If you're really interested in this topic, I recommend reading Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty and How Rich Countries Got Rich and Why Poor Countries Stay Poor.
2. Frost makes the soil fertile and crops grow better in places further from the equator.
3. Due to the fact that there are a lot of diseases around the equator people have to spend more time and effort trying to prevent the diseases and can't use their time to do other things.
4. Animals were domesticated away from the equator so those countries have had a head start.
5. People in warmer climates have year-long access to food and can live day by day.
6. Heat makes people lazy. No one wants to work when it's really hot.
7. In cold climates you can't do much during the winter except think.
What do you think?
The Ultimate Peru List recommends: